Friday, April 8, 2011

Picture This

Once again Friday night is upon us and as per usual, I'm doing my darnedest to be non-productive, or at least relatively so.

My usual Friday evening consists of chilling in my favorite lazy girl chair, sipping a few rye & cokes and maybe reading or listening to some tunes and playing various forms of mind numbing games or some such mindless drivel. Tonight though, I've wound up being somewhat productive, in a lazy sort of way.

I've just spent the last 4 hours 'stealing' pictures of my family off of their facebook sites. Now I'm not just doing this on a whim, although I have to admit it's been kind of cool checking out every ones pics.

Quite a few months ago now I picked up a few things in a rather neat store that Krystal introduced me to in St Thomas. One plaque that I bought to hang over our bed reads "And They Lived Happily Ever After". I liked the sentiment and at some point I would like to add some 4x6 wedding pictures underneath it. Not just mine and Wayne's, but all of the family ones too.

The other plaque that I bought says "All Because Two People Fell In Love". Right when I saw it, I knew what I would do with it. I would hang it over a collage frame filled with pictures of my children and their spouses, along with pictures of all of the grandkids. Lets see 5 children (with spouses), 15 grandkids, that makes 21 pictures.

No problem, right? Wrong! Do you know how hard it's been to find 21 pictures that I like? I have hundreds, if not thousands of pictures. Too bad they are either of scenery or are way out of date for what I want to do. Even my digital pictures don't quite fill the bill, or the frame for that matter. I've been getting razed about the pictures that are in the frame ever since I hung it up in the front hall. I have great pictures in it. Too bad they're the pictures that were in the frame when I bought it.

Okay, how to get more recent photos of everyone without having to take them all myself. That's where Facebook comes in. I got the idea last week to browse everyones photos and find some that would work in my frame. That way I should be able to get them cropped, printed off and in the frame before Easter. I have a photo printer upstairs and lots of paper, so that's not a problem. I even have spare ink cartridges for the printer. Okay, now I just need to organize myself to get this done.

Tonight turned out to be the night to start my quest. I have to admit that my kids all have great pics posted and I spent the evening oohing and aahhing over lots of them and downloading probably 3 - 6 pictures of each and everyone in my family, with one exception. I cannot for the life of me find a picture of Aaron that's not at least 3 years old. The only newer pictures of him are group shots, where I could not even crop him out. Or some taken last Halloween where he is dressed up as Super Mario. I know this kid exists cause I just saw him in February at Lily's birthday party. Maybe he's a vampire and his photo can't be taken. Hmmm...

What to do? Print off an older picture of Aaron and pretend that he's a lot younger than he really is. Print off an extra picture of Aidan (one from about 2 years ago) and pretend that it's him. They do look an awful lot alike. Draw a picture of him (note to self - learn to draw first). Put a big A with a question mark over it. Okay, maybe the best option would be to email Krystal and have her send me a few pictures of Aaron that I could use.

Well, I've interrupted my blogging for a few minutes to send Krystal a message, so hopefully I won't have to resort to the other options. I'll keep you posted and maybe if I can find a way to do a slide show on here, I`ll share the family with all of you.

2 comments:

WowoJeans said...

You better have picked good ones of me and my gang!! I cringe at the dorky pic of me you put in the family calendar. :) Hope you get some pics of Aaron soon... I look forward to seeing us all together in the way you imagined!

Krystal said...

uh oh, I still have to get you those pics!!!I wonder where in the world my procrastination caomes from??? I'll get on that!!!