Saturday, April 2, 2011

Talk About Procratinating!

Once again, I owe it all to Laurel.


I spotted a post my talented daughter made on Facebook this week regarding her blog. Now when I started my blog, it was because of Laurel. I figured that after all if she could start a blog and share with the world, so could I. So after much angst, (translation - procrastination) I set up my own blog - Gramstunes. Needless to say I was off to a great start and then slowly my posts dwindled away. In part, I can put it off to the feeling that no one was reading them anyway, so why bother. Okay, so the larger part is I am known for starting lots of things and finishing few.


Tonight I looked at Laurel's blog, read her new posts and some of her old ones and then looked back over all of my old posts and decided that I still want to do this. In fact I need to do this! After reading my old posts, I realized that whether anyone reads them or not, I'm blogging for me and if no one else ever reads them, it's their loss, not mine.


I read back over old memories and I liked what I read. I must have, 'cause I laughed and cried and remembered and I think that's what this is all about. I also read the comments that were left and realized that my writing was appreciated by others.


When I was about 11 or 12, I kept a diary. God, I wish I knew whatever happened to it. I know my mother found it and read it once and whatever I had written managed to get me in lots of trouble, but it's long gone and so is what I wrote about that I thought was important at that moment in time.


I think that is what this blog needs to be for me. A diary of what I think is important enough to remember at any given point in time. I would like to say that I will write something everyday, but I know myself well enough that time will slip away from me and at some future date I will be starting over once again. But that's all right. The point is to keep on starting over. Just because you stop doing something for a while, doesn't mean that it has to be over forever. Besides I have lots to share, even if I'm just sharing with myself.


So once again I'm starting over. I'm going to try to post even just a few words every day, but for sure I will try to recap my week, probably on Friday nights. After all Friday nights are my time. I can stay up later, have a drink (or two) if I want, listen to some tunes and try to put it all in perspective - my week, my life, my family, my world as I know it. Maybe sometimes, some of you will stop in for a visit, but even if you don't, I'll be here.

4 comments:

WowoJeans said...

That is right Mom... do it for you!! I follow! As you know I have always found putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys) to be oh so therapeutic.... I am glad that I nudged you back to yours.
I look forward to your stories... and know this will be good for you. xxoo L.

Krystal said...

Good for you Mom!!! I look forward to reading your daily thoughts, put into words!! Love you and all of Who you are!!xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I am here too and I am a fan of your writing! keep up the wonderful work!!! Love to you! Laura (aka Beava Brown), xoxox

wenlaine said...

What a nice surprise! I've always been a follower and loved reading about the happenings in your life. Some stories, you made me smile and I even cried along with you when you wrote "How to Say Goodbye". I'm glad you decided to get back to writing, Anne and know that I, for one, will be waiting to read your posts.
Wendy